Aquiline Drones (AD), a full-service commercial drone solutions company in downtown Hartford, has always prided itself on its advanced aviation experience. Founder and CEO Barry Alexander has spent over 25 years as an airline pilot, primarily as a captain with his final assignment flying the massive Boeing 747 around the world. Now, to meet demand for planned summer travel plans for Connecticut individuals, couples and families, Aquiline Drones today announced the expansion of its AD Airlines division into private charter flight service from the Brainard Airport to several local island destinations, including Martha’s Vineyard, Block Island, Nantucket Island and Long Island, starting in June.
Specifically, AD Airlines, in conjunction with “My Vineyard Concierge”, has begun pre-booking private day trips for golf, fishing, a day at the beach, and sailing experiences on Martha’s Vineyard. , Block Island, Nantucket and Long Island. Each all-inclusive package includes pickup and drop-off, arrival shuttle service, main excursion activity, ending with a delicious dinner before a short, safe flight to Hartford-area airports .
“With the lifting of mask mandates and staggering demand for outdoor activities, most Americans are looking for faster, safer getaway options – even for a day!” said Tom Keck, COO of AD Airlines. “AD Airlines is able to fly into a variety of smaller airports to create the ultimate day trip for passengers young and old, without exposing them to crowds.”
In addition to individual charter flights, AD Airlines plans to offer weekly full day tour packages that will include pick-up from a designated location and transportation to Hartford Brainard Airport. Guests can enjoy a variety of exciting experiences including golf, fishing, sailing and dining at each island destination. At the end of their adventure, AD Airlines will return passengers to their centralized location.
So far, AD Airlines has developed eight distinct Martha’s Vineyard packages designed for men, women, couples and families.
Highlights of each are below:
- Private charter boat – Four hours of fishing, pub crawl in Oak Bluffs Harbor or Edgartown Harbor, access to Mansion House gym and spa, dinner at Beach Road, Garde East or LaSophitta restaurants, return to airport .
- Alpaca Farm – private ride with an alpaca, picnic, visit to the Flying Horse Carousel at Oak Bluffs, photo session at Gingerbread Cottages, beach at Jaws Bridge, access to the Mansion House Gym and Spa, dinner at Vineyard Haven, return to the airport.
- Shopping in Vineyard Haven and Edgartown – Coffee at Nat’s Nook, stroll through the shops and galleries of Vineyard Haven and Edgartown, access to the Mansion House gym and spa, dinner at Vineyard Haven, return to airport
- Veil – Late morning picnic of pastries provided by the Scottish Bakehouse, from dinghy to private boat, 3-hour sailing experience with packed lunch, snacks, charcuterie and fresh fruit boards, wine and soft drinks, access to the Mansion House gym and spa, a special dinner in the garden, return to the airport.
- Visit to the oyster farm – Climb aboard a motor boat and visit the oyster farm for 1h30, taste freshly shucked oysters and mimosas. Return to the quay side where you will walk to a lovely nearby lunch spot. Enjoy time at the beach, access to the Mansion House Gym and Spa, have dinner at a great restaurant, return to the airport.
- Visit and tasting of organic dairy farm – 2.5 hour private tour of Gray Barn in Chilmark, private deluxe cheese tasting with gourmet meats, fresh breads and wine, visit to General Store in Alley for coffee, walk through the Field Gallery to stroll through the famous sculpture garden, arrive at Vineyard Haven visit the shops and galleries of Main Street, access the Mansion House Gym and Spa, dine at Sweet Life in Oak Bluffs under a glittering tent, return to the ‘airport
- Art Lovers Day (Sunday only) – visit the famous Gay Head Lighthouse at Clay Cliffs, visit Aquinnah Lighthouse, visit Native American gift and craft shops, lobster and chowder lunch overlooking the ocean, arrive at the Kara Taylor Gallery for a wine reception followed by a visit to the Field Gallery in West Tisbury, ending with a trip to the historic Granary Gallery, dinner at Chilmark Tavern, return to airport.
- Beach Road Concert Festival (August 26-28) – arrive at the one-day festival with beach blankets, food vendor lunch and dinner vouchers, access to the Mansion House Gym and Spa, return to the airport.
The formation of AD Airlines was the recent culmination of an extensive two-year effort, during which the company received an Air Operator’s Certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) on September 16, 2021. In two months to barely, the airline was booming. with commercial and airline customers who wanted an economical and convenient way to reach their final destinations on time and on budget throughout the East Coast.
“With safety at the heart of our framework, combined with the exceptional speed and flexibility of our manned aircraft, we are poised to usher in the ultimate luxury experience, ideal in our post-pandemic existence. It took a while to happen and we are now free to live our lives again,” said David Russo, AD Airlines Chief Pilot – a military veteran and veteran airline captain. “Plus, we bring over 300 years of aviation knowledge to our new private charter offerings.”
About Aquilin Drones
Aquiline Drones Corporation (AD) is a progressive American drone manufacturer and cloud solutions company located in the financial district of Hartford, Connecticut. Through Aquiline Drones Indemnity Corporation, the company assures its continuum of products and services, as well as those of its partners and affiliates. Founded by CEO Barry Alexander, AD’s core leadership includes highly experienced airmen, systems engineers, IT gurus, military personnel (including veterans), and business strategists. AD offers a vertically integrated combination of products and services. These include an aviation cloud for commercial drones, US-based drone manufacturing, drone “maintenance-repair-overhaul” (MRO) services, wireless aerial systems solutions pilot (UAS) for large corporations and governments, a superior line of Spartacus drone products, a robust UAS training academy, and the nation’s first “drone on demand” service allowing customers to order drone services via a proprietary mobile application. AD’s comprehensive line of technology solutions are widely applicable across countless industries and environments for superior real-time data and information processing. Visit www.AquilineDrones.com for more information.