The second annual Crown of Art Walk Edmonds is scheduled for November 18e until December 16
Edmonds, WA, September 21, 2021 – Last year, when pandemic restrictions were in effect, Art Walk Edmonds started a new tradition for downtown Edmonds of hanging original wreaths, artistically designed and decorated in select shop windows during the Christmas period. holidays. The success has been overwhelming and Art Walk Edmonds continues this tradition this year!
For this event to happen, talented artists are needed to design a wreath. Are you up to the challenge?
AWE Crown Details:
- Artists interested in participating must apply by October 1 with a concept and description for a wreath. (A sketch would be helpful). The application is online at https://www.artwalkedmonds.com/wreath-walk-edmonds
- Wreaths should be festive, but not necessarily holiday-themed. They must be suitable for the family. No political issues, please. Feel free to step out of the “crown” and design using your own unique style. Crown materials must be non-perishable.
- The crowns will all be 24 inches in circumference. Art Walk Edmonds will provide the base for the crown. As an artist, you will need to choose from a base of faux conifers, vines, or straw (photos below).
- Art Walk Edmonds will judge wreath concepts and let artists know if their wreath has been chosen by October 8.
- Art Walk Edmonds will match each artist’s crown with a location in downtown Edmonds to hang it.
- Each approved artist will receive a stipend of $ 150 to help cover the costs of the wreath that the artist designs. (A check will be sent to the artist once the wreath is hung.)
- Wreaths must be completed and hung NO LATER THAN November 18th. Please provide a photo of the crown on a neutral background for the website.
- AWE encourages the crown artist to be in attendance at the Nov. 18 and Dec. 16 Art Walk Edmonds (5-8 p.m.) to talk about their crown, their artwork, and to help promote the online crown auction.
- Each wreath will include a biography and contact details of the wreath artist to be hung by the wreath.
- A photo of the crown, location and biography will be included on the Art Walk Edmonds website.
- All wreaths will become the property of Art Walk Edmonds and will be auctioned off in the month they are hung.
Please send your questions or suggestions to Art Walk Edmonds at [email protected] or call 425.298.7947. Do not hesitate to share this opportunity with your artist friends!
Edmonds Art Walk takes place monthly throughout the year in the picturesque waterfront town of Edmonds. It consists of new works of art on display throughout the month and an art walk organized on the third Thursday. With several galleries and downtown businesses welcoming local and regional artists, Art Walk Edmonds draws visitors from across the greater Seattle metropolitan area. This 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization has a mission to expose the regional community to all types of art, including fine arts to music, dance, theater, art of performance, culinary art and writing.